The Messenger plane, as the name implies, was designed by the Engineering Divison of the U. S. Air Service to replace motorcycles for certain messenger duties. It was built by the Lawrence Sperry Aircraft Co., Inc., Farmingdale, Long struts are arranged to create a minimum head resistance.
A new type of airplane engine has appeared which possesses many novel features. It has been developed by Prof. Junkers, the noted German aircraft engineer. It has six cylinders and is noteworthy in the following respects: It operates on the two-cycle principle; it has no carburetor, fuel being ejected directly into the cylinders; it has no valves;
First Corps Area—Includes the North Atlantic Coast Artillery District and the States of Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut and Rhode Island; headquarters, 99 Chauncy st., Boston, Mass. Commander, Maj. Gen. David C. Shanks.
The Model 40 Flying Boat, which, was sand tested, was manufactured by the Aeromarine Plane and Motor Co. of Keyport, N. J. The machine is a two place, pusher type, flying boat, equipped with a Curtiss OXX-6, 100 hp. engine, designed for training purposes.
The object of this note is to draw attention to a misconception of the theory of screw propulsion which appears in much good work now being done. This misconception lies in the combination of the Froude inflow theory and the Drzewiecki blade element theory used in conjunction with aerofoil characteristics obtained from tests in an air tunnel.
The eleventh annual meeting of the Aero Club of Ameriea Governors, Term expiring November, 1921 —William W. took place at the club house at 11 East 38th street, New York Miller, Professor Charles Lane Poor, Henry A. Wise Wood on November 8.